I do not typically identify myself as Republican or Democrat. I like to think that I listen to the proposal and make a decision on its merits, not whether the party would like it or not.
If I went to work and told my supervisor that I was going to do some of my job, but not all, because someone else wasn't doing their job, I would have already lost my job.
So, why isn't anyone getting fired in Springfield? How can just a few people hold an entire state hostage? If they cannot work together, get rid of them. I think that if they were held accountable for their productivity, or lack thereof, they would work a little more to get to some agreement.
Illinois is an embarrassment to the U.S. with its bickering and grandstanding. We are a shining example of what not to do in politics.
Rant over....
I don't even know what to say. Illinois politics have been in a bad state for a long time. I keep hoping it will get better. I keep voting, but it doesn't seem to be helping yet.
ReplyDeleteJennifer Fudge